If you are interested in joining our team, we currently have an opening for:
Manager, Military Sales Please Refer to # 17-049
Our Company At Leupold & Stevens, we work to create epic moments.
We are Leupold & Stevens. We’re 700+ Americans making innovative, battle-proven optics for the world’s most demanding hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals. We design, build, and test our products with a single-minded focus: to make sure they’ll perform forever. We’re confident, bold, tenacious, resilient, self-reliant and real. If you share these same characteristics then come join us!
Our Team As a member of our Sales team, you will work collaboratively with a group of passionate professionals to develop our business relationships, sell our products, and provide exceptional service to our customers. Day-in and day-out, you will have the opportunity to develop and support our authentically American brand vision.
Your Role As the Leupold & Stevens Manager of Military Sales, you will participate in the development, and manage the execution, of the Company’s strategy and business plans for government/military accounts. You will lead the development of business relationships, identification of sales opportunities, and management of customer relationships for all domestic government/military channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participates in the development the Company’s overall Military business strategies and action plans to support business objectives. Works to establish processes, systems and infrastructure to support the strategic plan.
Leads the planning and execution of all business development activities related to military customers. Oversees the development of specific account plans, forecasts, and revenue goals.
Identifies and screens business opportunities. Establishes and leverages relationships to increase Leupold’s product sales.
Attends military events, trade shows, conferences, and other events to represent the Company, identify business opportunities and build strategically important relationships with customers and industry partners.
Establish contacts and relationships within military services and leverage those relationships in pursuit of military contracts and sales.
Collaborates with the Marketing Team to ensure optimal use of internal resources, and to ensure the Company’s brands and products are consistently represented.
Oversees the coordination of production and order activity to ensure on time delivery. Ensures that production processes and systems support sales requirements.
Partners with Customer Service to ensure that sales support and administration programs produce efficient operations, maintain customer goodwill, and achieve business objectives for and government/military customers.
Develops and tracks metrics and success criteria for all sales and business development initiatives.
Leads, motivates and develops the Military Sales Team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Work is performed in an office environment. May include exposure to manufacturing processes and outdoor training environments. Requires significant travel.
For details on positions and to apply, go to www.leupold.com Leupold & Stevens, Inc. 14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select the most qualified candidate for any job openings. Our selection and promotion decisions are made on factors such as demonstrated ability, experience and training without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and be able to provide verification of their status as a Non-Foreign person as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Section 120.14- 120.16.
Bachelor’s Degree and 8-10 years progressive experience in a sales or business development role with a military focus. Minimum of 5 years in a leadership/management role.
Significant experience with military sales. Well defined vision of the military marketplace and business drivers.
Extensive knowledge of military procurement processes.
Existing network of contacts and relationships within firearms manufacturers, industry lead users, technology information resources, OEM vendors, consumers, and military channels.
Knowledge of complex governmental regulations and licensing/export requirements to include ITAR.
Experience in government business development.
Solid knowledge of shooting sports, hunting, firearms and associated optics applications.
Analytical skills with the ability to develop, understand, and use sales data and metrics to develop account strategies.
Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills. Strong presentation skills.
Strong leadership, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to manage at the operational level.
Demonstrated customer focus with excellent negotiation and public relations skills.
Founded more than a century ago, Leupold & Stevens is a fifth generation, family owned company that designs, machines and assembles innovative, performance optics for the hunting, shooting, observation & tactical markets worldwide. Our position as the world’s dominant performance optics company comes from our unwavering commitment to superior products and exemplary customer service. At the heart ...of our success is Leupold& Stevens’ team members, all of whom share a commitment to hard work, drive and a passion for excellence. Every day, we work to create epic moments.