| Senior Design Engineer, Kimber Mfg., Inc. – Yonkers, NY |
Kimber Mfg.,Inc., a rapidly growing and leading manufacturer of fine sporting firearms with different plant locations in NY and NJ, has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Design Engineer located in our Yonkers, NY location.
In this role you will design and develop complex, non-derivative new products and support improvements to these products in the first years of production. Evaluate products, parts, and processes for cost efficiency, quality and reliability with a strong focus on brand reinforcement. Proven firearms design experience is required.
• As part of a cross-functional team, provide expert technical leadership for Product Introduction and process improvement projects as related to Kimber’s NPD program. Support the development and execution of project milestones, resource requirements, budget and timing.
• Define product configuration and part geometry using 3-D CAD software. Develop and manage complex mechanisms. Create fully dimensioned drawings using GD&T.
• Utilize best practices, including DFM, DFA, stack analysis, etc. and interface with manufacturing, process engineering, vendors, etc to ensure designs are optimized for cost, quality, and performance. Use advanced analysis tools to fully qualify high risk areas of the designs, such as non-linear finite element analysis and design of experiment techniques.
• Develop technical product specifications and validation test plans. Outline and execute empirical testing to verify concepts, ensure reliability, and refine component design.
• Manage bills of material and track component status.
• Support manufacturing during initial production of products introductions. • Participate in business initiatives for non-routine aspects of assignment and overall business improvements to reduce overall new product development project timing and costs.
• Assign project related tasks to entry-level engineers and technicians, and monitor progress.
Qualifications: • 5 – 10 years of experience in the design and development of complex mechanical mechanisms. Proven firearms design experience is required. • Expert Solidworks user. • Solid understanding and application of GD&T. • Solid understanding of configuration control principles. • Demonstrated knowledge of stage gate product introduction methods. • Knowledge of statistics and statistical software a plus. • Must be organized and maintain accurate and neat records and files. • Able to communicate effectively. • Able to function and work in a team environment. Capable of working without supervision.
Educational Requirements: • Required: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline Preferred: Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Kimber offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, 401k Savings Plan, and paid time off.
Interested candidates must email resume with salary requirements and position title in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. EOE