POSITION SUMMARY: This position writes informative and descriptive SEO-enhanced copy for product detail pages, search engine targeted pages and other special projects for use on the Bass Pro Shops website. Copywriters also write engaging product copy, headlines, and other descriptive copy for use in Bass Pro Shops’ many catalogs and other print publications. Copywriters work with Bass Pro Shops’ merchants and marketing specialists to drive and increase traffic to basspro.com helping increase customer flow from Internet search engines and directories sending customer web traffic to the Bass Pro Shops website. This position works closely with merchants to present a quality and complete description of the product, as well as working with the rest of the Internet Production team to ensure a complete representation of the product on the finished web page. This position also works closely with the Print Production teams, writing and editing product copy, headlines and descriptive copy to ensure an authoritative voice and quality presentation of products in Bass Pro Shops’ various catalogs, digital catalogs, tabs and other print channels. Copywriters also assist with continuous efforts to improve production processes and efficiency, working with merchants, proofreaders, IT, leadership and other teams. This position will work with all levels of associates including Production Supervisor, Merchandising Staff, Product Vendors, Internet marketing and Performance Analysts, Marketing Managers, and Internet Product Coordinators.
1. Work with merchandiser(s), product vendors and Internet Production staff to create and develop descriptive and SEO-enhanced text for product pages and other pages on basspro.com.
2. Work with merchandiser(s), product vendors and Print Production staff to create and develop descriptive product copy, headlines, and other copy for Bass Pro Shops’ multiple print productions.
3. Conduct research as required to obtain pertinent product/service information.
4. Assess search keywords and adjust text by its ability to produce results.
5. Special projects as assigned.
1. Four year degree in English, technical writing or writing-oriented field.
2. Experience in a writing-focused position.
3. 3-5 year experience in a similar capacity involving working with teams to coordinate and carry out diverse activities and projects.
4. Above average interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written are a must.
5. Experience in communicating effectively with all levels of internal and external associates.
6. Above average problem solving skills.
7. Well organized with an above average attention to detail.
8. Experience in planning ahead with ability to prioritize multiple projects.
9. Good project follow-up skills.
10. Multi-task and able to balance competing priorities and tight deadlines.
11. Marketing/merchandising vision a plus.
12. Understanding and/or experience in outdoor sporting activities in hunting, fishing and camping is important.
13. Will be required to provide portfolio examples of writing style.
Additional Salary Information: Full Benefit Package - Medical - Dental - Vision - 401-K
Internal Number: R066281
About Bass Pro Shops
Step Inside the Great Outdoors!
In 1971, Johnny Morris, frustrated by the lack of tackle in local stores, rented a U-Haul® trailer and took off across the country filling it with the newest premium fishing tackle he could find. When he returned home to Springfield, Missouri, Johnny set up shop in his dad's liquor store, which was located on the way to Table Rock Lake. With this simple idea, Bass Pro Shops® was born.
This new store became popular with local and out-of-state fishermen. By 1974, Johnny printed and mailed the first Bass Pro Shops catalog. In 1978, he introduced Bass Tracker â€“ the first boat, motor, and trailer package designed just for anglers.
By building and selling boats factory direct, Johnny was able to pass on huge value and savings to fishermen. Tracker has remained America's #1 selling fishing boat for more than 35 years running.
From those humble beginnings, Bass Pro Shops has become America's leading outdoor retailer with stores across America and Canada. Every Bass Pro Shops store still offers an incredible array of fishing and boating equipment. We're also the premier shopping destination for hunting, camping, and outdoor cooking gear... as well as outdoor footwear and nature-themed gifts.
Bass Pro Shops is more than a retail mecca for sportsmen, though. Since the beginning, Johnny Morris has been dedicated to inspiring people, especially youth and families, to love, enjoy and conserve the great outdoors. That commitment, demonstrated over the course of several decades, is a big reason why Bass Pro Shops is known as the outdoor industry's corporate conservation leader. Bass Pro Shops conservation efforts include partnering with and supporting the efforts of many organizations that work to conserve and manage the nation's natural resources. The company's key conservation initiatives include fish and wildlife habitat improvements, conservation and outdoor skills education, improving water quality and quality of our lakes and springs, and conservation advocacy.