Primary responsibility of the RSM is to serve as an account manager for retail accounts within an assigned territory and to develop account plans to achieve the territory sales goals. The RSM is responsible for driving sales through the execution of sales initiatives and business plan objectives by cultivating and building Hawke’s customer base and focusing on enhancing key territory dealer relationships. Achieve sales goals and business plan objectives while advancing the reputation and brand awareness of the Hawke family of products.
Essential Job Functions
· Analyze assigned territory business opportunities and challenges, develop and implement a productive sales plan to grow Hawke’s market share and profitability with the primary objectives based on accomplishing Hawke’s annual performance target(s).
· Optimize sales by increasing dealers’ product support and stocking levels.
· Explore new business opportunities within assigned territory. Conduct in-depth research and analysis of existing and potential dealers to expand and develop new accounts.
· Promote all Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partner packages.
· Proactively manage and grow sales with retail dealers.
· Actively prospect and capture new accounts.
· Conduct product and sales training in stores, at the range, and with sales staff to maximize sales.
· Develop onsite merchandising plans to maximize Hawke’s exposure and benefits of the company brand. Determine optimal Point-Of-Sale and signage for dealers.
· Resolve customer service problems and work with Hawke office personnel to ensure and maintain Hawke’s high level customer service requirements.
· Professionally represent the company at trade shows, conventions, dealer shows, range days and other industry functions.
· Generate and maintain accurate, timely reports and maintain company records.
Minimum two (2) years recent sales experience working with chains, buy groups, on-line and catalog dealers and distributors in a two-tier distribution system.
Experience should include sound territory management skills, knowledge of price and promotion management, merchandising and display standards, and the ability to cultivate relationships with retailers at multiple levels of the organization.
Sporting goods/firearm industry experience preferred.
Strong knowledge of sport optics is very valuable.
Must live within assigned territory.
Significant travel is required.
Geographic knowledge of the territory.
Proficient computer skills to include MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Solid communication, problem solving and negotiation skills.
Ability to handle multiple projects and/or tasks.
Solid organization, planning, and self-starting skills.
Career oriented team player with positive attitude.
Must possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.