This position performs administrative duties related to compliance of federal, state, and local firearm rules and regulations; as well as ensures adherence to company related policies and procedures. Performs general clerical duties such as data entry, error resolution and other bookkeeping duties. All job tasks are assigned to provide a legendary customer experience for every customer.
Essential Job Functions:
• Acquire all incoming firearms including but not limited to: purchases, trades, vendor directs, and intermediaries. All acquisitions must be completed within a structured time frame and follow ATF standards with accuracy and efficiency. Acquire incoming firearms purchased, traded, or otherwise according to ATF standards with accuracy and efficiency.
• Responsible for the accurate and timely disposition of all firearm sales, holds, layaways, repairs etc. Proof read 4473s for errors prior to filing and relay error information through the ATF Admin Scorecard to appropriate business partners.
• Responsible for ensuring resolution is attempted with customers in the event there is an outstanding error on any related ATF forms by following detailed ATF F 4473 Error Correction Process.
• Responsible for maintaining backup log of multiple handgun sales, maintain completion and filing of all department paperwork and responsible for maintaining BATFE log books as required for repairs and consignment firearms.
• Responsible for assisting with physical receiving of firearms.
• Responsible for the complete and accurate reporting including, but not limited to: ATF trace requests, 4473 error reporting, biannual bound book, check and balance gun exception report, monthly audit reporting.
• Responsible for administrative duties including, but not limited to: ordering ATF forms, office supplies, and print shop supplies.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 1 - 2 Years’ Experience in prior ATF Compliance
• Ability to use good judgment and logic. Have a keen attention to detail and be highly organized
• Ability to work with highly confidential information
• Extensive firearms experience and knowledge
• Hiring preference is given to those with prior ATF Compliance knowledge and at least six months to one year of related field experience.
Internal Number: 004
About Provident Arms
We are a full service retail firearms and related products store located in Central Texas. Provident Arms was born first, out of our love for guns, shooting sports, hunting and the enjoyment of those with family and friends. Our desire is to have the friendliest gun store in Texas and create an environment where novices feel as much at home as experience shooters or collectors.The bottom line is that we want to help as many people as possible in finding firearms that they feel comfortable, confident and competent in shooting, so that they in turn will spend more time enjoying the different shooting sports with family and friends.