The primary role of the purchasing agent is to order and acquire appropriate products by analyzing sales trend data and requirements of the ERP system. This role also exists to evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, review product quality, and identify market/consumer trends. Working in tandem with sales, marketing, and management. Travel twice a year for trade events.
· Maintain adequate stock levels to meet the demands of both requirements in the ERP system relating to key accounts and sales trend analysis. · Offer the right mix of stockable items for the customers by continually noting market changes and trends. · Make sure the brand offering is up to date with market trends and customer demands. Seek to add categories/suppliers when needed. · Confirm pricing is competitive from vendors through negotiation and verification of programs. · Share vendor/item information with relevant departments (accounting/marketing/sales) to ensure the knowledge base is maintained throughout the organization and a collaborative approach.
1. Organized and structured
2. Able to take initiative
3. Sense when things don’t appear right and act on them
4. Good at communication and interpersonal skills
5. Able to develop a rapport with different types of people
6. Strong math skills
7. Advanced computer skills (able to run queries with software and analyze in excel)
8. Be presentable
9. Industry knowledge
1. 3-5 years of purchasing experience for distribution type businesses
2. Wholesale sporting goods experience – know products and vendors
3. Strong analytical skills to identify market & consumer trends, sales trends on brands that GAS offers for resale, inventory data, what’s stockable and not stockable, product life cycle
4. Experience evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts
5. Analyzing pricing by brand and vendor
6. Review product quality
Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations, adjusting content and approach to the audience's character and needs.
Expresses ideas clearly in reports or other documents that have appropriate structure, grammar, and language adjusted to the audience's needs.
Open to people and willing to hear what others are saying. Not what you think they should say or are going to say.
Able to explore multiple points of view and then reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance during negotiation.
Able to persuade others and present viewpoints in such a way that others accept it.
Shares information, rewards, and power with employees to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve service and performance.
For both internal and external customers, they anticipate, meet, and exceed their needs, wants, and expectations, giving priority to their satisfaction.
Has pleasant and appealing qualities in-person and over the phone.
Actively cooperates with others, including across departments, toward achieving goals and objectives.
Demonstrates ambition and a strong desire to succeed knows how to have fun at work.
Knows how to balance personal and business needs.
Able to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed energy, the capacity to work hard, shows stamina, and desire to get results.
Sets high standards for self, others, and organization, dissatisfied with average performance, imposes excellence on self rather than having standards imposed by others.
Exhibits passion and excitement. Has a can-do attitude. Willing to set co-workers up for success.
Possesses a strong work ethic and willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Has the ability to identify the actions necessary to achieve goals and then keeps focused on meeting schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals.
Provides team with a clear sense of direction, organizes resources, and steers others toward successful task accomplishment.
Comprehending, addressing, and resolving conflict constructively.
Able to inspire others to do the job that needs to be done.
Vision, maturity always present the Company in a good light in word attitude and action.
Additional Salary Information: 410K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Group life insurance, Paid time off.
About Infinity Sports / Gun Accessory Supply
Infinity Sports Inc. dba Gun Accessory Supply (www.GunAccessorySupply.com) is a dealer-only wholesale sporting goods company with 40+ employees, established in 1983.During our first 20 years, we operated in Hayward, California. In 2001 moved to Oakdale, California, into a brand-new distribution facility we designed with our customer's needs in mind. Our mission is to build our people and our industry by providing growth opportunities and stellar customer service. We thrive on personal and professional relationships, taking every opportunity to support our dealers. We are a purpose-driven distributor that provides aggressive pricing on top-selling products. Remembering that our business is to "build their business" is how we create synergistic success with our vendors and dealers while distributing the top-selling firearm, security, and sporting accessories across the nation.