Troubleshoot and repair machine, electro-mechanical, and HVAC systems of a high level of complexity under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrated proficiency of Machine Maintenance Technician I and II duties and responsibilities and the following:
Quickly troubleshoot and repair machine and all L&S equipment and electro-mechanical systems; i.e. multi-axis CNC controls, lasers, facility electrical systems, etc.
Evaluate the implications to equipment and production schedule using a combination of precision equipment advanced trouble shooting skills plus experience with L&S equipment history.
Troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of electrical equipment, including NC and CNC operated machines.
Locate and determine electrical malfunction using test instruments. Repair malfunction by such methods as replacing, repairing and cleaning components. Inspect and test electrical circuits and equipment and repairs or rewires systems according to building codes and safety regulations within license restrictions.
Operate all equipment necessary to trouble shoot and repair the manufacturing equipment, such as: mills, grinders, lathes, welders and precision measuring diagnostic equipment, etc.
Provide advanced electro-mechanical system training.
Complete a variety of documentation to update records and purchase materials/components.
Insures “on-time” completion of scheduled calendar Preventative Maintenance tasks with minimum supervision.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures, including all safety requirements.
Prioritize multiple tasks.
Other duties as assigned.
Valid LME or Journeyman Manufacturing Plant license required.
Valid LEA license and Valid General Journeyman or Plant Journeyman Electrical license desired.
High School diploma or equivalent required and a minimum of 7 years experience in a similar or related operation.
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Proficiency in basic math and computer skills.
Working knowledge of all available electronic instrumentation such as DVM, scopes, meters, etc.
Ability to read complex electrical schematics.
Advanced knowledge of mechanical/electrical repair practices and machine design and operation.
Advanced knowledge of and troubleshooting capabilities with hydraulic, mechanical, and pneumatic systems.
Must be able to independently solve complex problems with close tolerance electro-mechanical equipment.
Advanced knowledge of servos, open and closed loop feedback systems.
Ability to build, program and troubleshoot control systems, i.e. PLCs, relay logic, pneumatic logic, etc.
Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems with limited supervision or intervention.
Qualified in Lockout.
Forklift and Man-Lift licensed or ability to obtain these licenses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit; manipulate objects, tools, and controls; walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. May be required to lift up to 60 lbs. and lift more than 60 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to focus, and the ability to distinguish colors. The employee will work near and/or with moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes, and airborne particles. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. A core business objective at Leupold & Stevens is to maintain a workplace in which each employee can achieve their full potential. The company was founded on the principle of giving customers and our team members ‘A Square Deal’; to us, this means advocating for the employment opportunities and advancements of all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We resolutely believe all aspects and privileges of employment should be determined by skills and behaviors, not personal identities.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). Positions may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Leupold & Stevens, Inc.’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
Internal Number: 20-124 and 21-041
About Leupold + Stevens
At Leupold & Stevens, we're American to the Core and passionate about what we do. We offer a friendly work environment where innovation, quality, and continuous improvement are our priorities, and where your ideas matter. Our benefits package is amazing - affordable health and dental insurance, a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members, a generous tuition reimbursement program, company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account, profit sharing and product discounts to name a few.
Our success has been built around our core values, and these values are embodied by our shareholders, and all of our team members. They guide everything we do, including taking care of the Leupold & Stevens family of dedicated employees. There is a palpable pride in what we do, how we do it, and who we do it for!
At Leupold & Stevens, you will find people who work hard and play hard, people whose passion for excellence is legendary in our industry. Maintaining our status as the industry leader takes a lot of commitment and dedication, but we also want to ensure that our team m...embers have a good work/life balance. To achieve this, we offer a competitive Paid Time Off package to our team members. And we feel that the best way to fully appreciate our positive impact on our core consumers/customers is to get immersed within the industry. To that end, we are continually looking for ways to have our team members get involved with business related industry events.